Holiday Hairstyles 101: The Glamorous Great Gatsby Bob
A Gatsby Bob for the holidays? What a cool idea!!! Everybody will notice you when you wear this elegant hairstyle into a holiday gathering! The best part is that you don’t even have to get your hair cut to have this roarin’ 20’s bob. The Gatsby hairstyle will naturally look shorter, and that look will turn heads! There’s just a few steps to get this wonderful hairstyle to be yours:
- Shampoo and condition your hair. Use volumizing products that don’t weigh your hair down and that give it amped up body and texture. Volumizing products, such as mousse or plumping spray, add fullness and volume to your hair.
- Blow dry with a large round brush concentrating at the root for volume and root lift.
- If your hair is curly, smooth and refine your curls with a smoothing serum and touch up if needed with a curling iron or a curling wand.
- If your hair is straight, set your hair with large hot rollers for maximum hold ( you can party all night with good hair!!!!!) then curl all your hair vertically away from the face.
- Once curled, brush all the curls together lightly and form into waves. Spray a light, flexible spray to hold.
- Now here’s the good part–gather your hair into a low ponytail (or two side-by side ponytails, if your hair is thick). Give yourself enough room to tuck the ponytail underneath your hair at your nape. This may take a little practice but once you get the hang of it, it is very easy.
- Secure your ponytails underneath your hair with bobby pins. Cross the pins to hold more securely.
- Finish with a firm hold hairspray, and if you want to go full “Gatsby” add a decorative headband or tuck an embellished comb by your ear.
VOILA! You have a classic and glamourous 1920’s look without having to cut your hair!
Have a beautiful and elegant holiday season!